- Last Updated on 03 July 2015
Ramadan Greetings !
DIC wishes you and your families a very blessed and rewarding Ramadan!
We will have iftar throughout Ramadan.
ISHA prayer followed by Taraweeha (20 prayers) until 11:30 pm.
led by Imam Hafiz Zeeshan Ahmed.
Please give your Zakat and Fitra now, so that it can be distributed to the needy in Ramadan. Donation boxes are placed on every floor.
Lecture Series based on Imam Al Ghazali’s Bidayat al-Hidaya
The Beginning of Guidance will be taught by Ustadh Ubaydullah Evans, starting on Monday, April 13, 2015 and will meet for 10 sessions. This class will meet weekly on Monday evenings from 6 pm- 7:30 pm in the basement of DIC. Please see Br. Ahmad in the office regarding registration.
Weekly Program For Children
DIC is offering a weekly program which provides an excellent Islamic environment for our Muslim children aged 3-7 years old to learn:
- Islamic knowledge and values
- strengthen their Muslim identity through interaction with Muslim peers and elders,and become active members of the community.
U- Quran Class at DIC
DIC is offering a 3 step program towards understanding the Arabic of the Quran. This is an interactive and immersive program that uses ipad to maximize your learning. Seats are limited and the cost is $100. Please see Br. Ahmad in the office regarding registration.
This is a class designed for non-arabic speaking people who want to understand the Qur’an when they read, recite, and listen to it. This is a beginners class. U-Quran class will start on 2nd April 2015. Classes are offered every Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30 - 1:00 pm.
Quran Class For All Ages
Quran class has resumed for sisters, brothers and children. We have a new teacher and this class is offered on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
1. DIC Toast master club meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. Everyone is welcome to join.
2. Please donate generously. Donate using your debit card/credit card/Paypal account. You can specify any amount you like.
3. At DIC we have daily iftar throughout Ramadan. Daily about 125 to 130 people break their fast at DIC. If you want to sponsor a day (it costs $ 950).
4. Please donate for Nepal earthquake victims by donating through DIC.
5. Call your Representative now or call Rep Carol A. Senate(D) office at 217-782-0499. The full Illinois House and Senate are still considering HB4011 and SB1761, respectively, and will vote on them. Please call to oppose these bills. You can also register by going on www.ilga.gov and record your vote.
6. Your phone call can make a difference: Save 8000 Rohingya , Call today. For details see the notice board on 4th floor for details.
7. If possible during Ramadan, please come to 2nd Prayer on Friday.
8. Hate crimes against Muslims are unfortunately a growing problem across our country. Most of the crimes go unreported which keeps us from taking appropriate measures. Muslim Advocates, a national Muslim advocacy group is tracking these incidents and advise Muslims to report any harassment or hate crime to the authorities. If you are not sure if any incident should be reported or not, please discuss your matter with Muslim Advocates @ www.muslimadvocates.org or via DIC.
9. Today we have fund raising for ISNA and Masjid Osman. Please donate generously
It has come to our notice that some of our patrons' credit card information is not valid anymore. Please update your credit card information with the office on 4th floor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not stand outside the Mosque after Friday prayers.
Please follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter. Don't forget to donate to the Masjid. May Allah (SWT) bless you and your families for your donations.